Servings : 4
1 large spaghetti squash
3 tbsp olive oil – divided
2 large chicken breasts – chopped into bite-size pieces
2 shallots – minced
6 cloves garlic – minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly grated black pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning
3 cups broccoli florets
4 tbsp cream cheese – at room temperature
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese – shredded
1.5 cups mozzarella cheese – shredded
For the Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub the squash clean and dry thoroughly. Cut the squash in half using a sharp, stable and reliable knife. Cut the squash in half lengthwise (stem to end- as shown in the images). Scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle the squash with olive oil and use a pastry brush (or your hands) to brush over the entire surface of the squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place cut-side down on the lined baking sheet.
- Place squash in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
- When cool enough to handle, gently scrape out the squash with a fork to remove the flesh in long strands.
- Visit Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Recipe @ theforkedspoon.com for full instructions.