Servings : 12
12 vanilla cupcakes
1 cup mermaid sprinkles
Mermaid Tails Ingredients:
1 tub hot pink fondant
1 cup of corn starch
1 can gold cake decorating spray
Homemade Mermaid Frosting Ingredients :
1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-5 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
pink and blue gel food coloring
How to Make Fondant Mermaid Tails :
- Lightly powder your hands with cornstarch and knead the pink fondant until it becomes soft and malleable.
- Using one of the brushes, dip it into the cornstarch and lightly coat the silicon mold
- Tear off a tablespoon amount of fondant and press into the tail mold. Allow to set for 5-10 minutes, then flip over the mold and carefully push out the fondant tail out of the mold.
- Once all tails have been molded, spray the top of each tail with gold spray cake spray.
- Allow to dry for about an hour.
- Visit Easy Mermaid Cupcakes Recipe @ thesoccermomblog.com for full instructions.