Yield : 12 squares
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
6 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used Trader Joe’s 72% Pound Plus Bar)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon brewed coffee (leftover or cold coffee is okay), optional but recommended
1 teaspoon instant espresso granules, optional but recommended
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened (I used lite)
1 large egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup white chocolate chips
12 Oreo cookies, chopped (I chop each cookie in 6 to 9 pieces)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
MAKE THE BROWNIE BATTER
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil leaving overhang and spray with cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- To a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, chocolate, and heat on high power to melt, about 2 minutes. Stop to check and stir after 1 minute. Heat in 15-second increments until chocolate has melted and mixture can be stirred smooth. Allow mixture to cool momentarily before adding the eggs so they don’t scramble.
- Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, optional coffee, optional espresso granules (neither make brownies taste like coffee and both enhance and round out the chocolate flavor), and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until smooth and combined without overmixing.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula as necessary; set aside.
- Visit Loaded Cream Cheese Oreo Brownies Recipe @ www.averiecooks.com for full instructions.