Servings : 4
600 g / 1.2 lb chicken breasts (mini chicken breasts/chicken tenders)
Salt and pepper
Low calorie cooking spray (I used Fry Light)
1 onion , finely diced
2 garlic cloves , minced
300 g | 10oz white mushrooms , sliced
1 tbsp flour
500 ml | 2 cups beef stock , from a stock cube
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
150 g | ? cup fat-free Quark cheese
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chopped parsley
pasta, rice, mashed potatoes
Chopped parsley to garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spray a large skillet or frying pan with low calorie cooking spray.
- Heat the pan and cook the chicken for 3 minutes per side over medium heat. If the pan gets very dry add a small splash of the stock. Set the chicken aside.
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of beef stock and turn heat down to medium high. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and then add the mushrooms.
- Visit Chicken Stroganoff Recipe @ www.supergoldenbakes.com for full instructions.