Servings : 4
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 6 thighs, or 3 chicken breasts*
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 large egg
1 � cups water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, canola, sunflower etc.
vegetable oil , for frying depending on the size of your pan
1 large orange, you’ll need the juice and zest
2 tablespoons soy sauce
� cup rice vinegar, or white vinegar
� cup brown sugar, packed
2 large garlic cloves, minced, or 1 tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp water
green onions, chopped
red pepper flakes
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Add the egg, oil and water, whisking until smooth.
- Add the chicken cubes to the mixture, making sure the chicken gets thoroughly coated. Cover and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. (If you’re in a hurry, 10 minutes will do.)
- In a medium saucepan or deep fryer, add 2 inches of oil and heat to 350�F (177�C). Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Add the marinated chicken cubes in batches of about 10-15 pieces, shaking off excess batter if needed. Deep fry for 2-3 minutes until golden, turning halfway through with a slotted spoon for even browning.**
- Remove to the plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Visit Chinese Orange Chicken Recipe @ tipbuzz.com for full instructions.