Mouthwatering with any filling of your choice, this keto calzone recipe is impossible not to love! You’ll get to indulge in a guilty pleasure without any of the empty carbs!
Servings : 4
1 Low Carb Pizza Crust
1/2 Low Carb Pizza Sauce or any pizza sauce with no sugar added
1/2 Lb Italian Sausage casing removed
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
1/2 Red Onion sliced
- Make the pizza dough per recipe, and divide the dough into 2 balls. Set aside while you make the filling.
- In a large nonstick, cook the sausage until brown, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you cook it.
- Place the sausage on a paper towel-lined plate and toss onions into the nonstick. Add oil if there isn’t enough grease left in the pan.
- Saute until onions are soft and translucent, about 10-12 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Roll 1 of the pizza dough balls between 2 sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin, until the dough is about 7″ wide. You want the dough to be of thick (or else it will tear).
- Visit Keto Calzone Recipe @ www.thelittlepine.com for full instructions.