Servings : 6
3/4 cup / 75g coconut flour
2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
GENEROUS pinch salt
1 tbsp nigella and/or sesame seeds
1 cup / 240ml hot water
1/4 cup / 60g full fat natural yoghurt
2 tbsp coconut oil / olive oil melted
2 tbsp coconut oil / butter / olive oil melted
handful chopped parsley or coriander / cilantro
generous pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit.
- Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl – coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, xanthan gum and salt. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the wet ingredients – hot water, yoghurt, melted coconut oil or olive oil – and stir together until a dough forms.
- Form a dough ball and let it sit for a few minutes until the coconut flour and the psyllium have absorbed all the moisture and the dough is not sticky.
- Cut the dough into 6 pieces and roll them out between two sheets of parchment paper into long flatbreads, about 1/2 cm thick. Place on an upturned baking sheet and remove the top parchment. Optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or nigella seeds.
- Visit KETO NAAN (LOW CARB FLATBREAD) RECIPE @ sugarfreelondoner.com for full instructions.