Servings : 16 cookies
1 cup unsalted butter 227g, unsalted, room temp
1 cup granulated sugar 234g
4 cups all-purpose flour 500g, sifted
3/4 cup cornstarch 80g, sifted
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt 4g
1 tablespoon vanilla extract 15mL
1/4 cup pink sanding sugar 50g
few drops pink food coloring
- It’s easiest to make two separate batches of cookie dough; one uncolored and one pink just use half the ingredients for each batch. You can however make a big batch of dry and a big batch of wet ingredients then divide in half using a scale, color one and mix.
- In these instructions we will be making two batches starting with the uncolored batch.
- Sift 2 cups flour, 40g cornstarch, and about 1/3 tsp salt into a large bowl then whisk to incorporate.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream 1/2 cup room temperature butter, and 1/2 cup sugar together.
- Mix in 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, then one egg to the sugar/butter mixture.
- Visit Valentine Cookies Recipe @ preppykitchen.com for full instructions.