Servings : 10-12
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3 cups celery, chopped
2 large onions, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried poultry seasoning
4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
1/2 cup all purpose flour
12 cups Zoup! Good, Really Good Chicken Bone Broth (4 31-ounce jars)
1 bay leaf
5 sprigs fresh thyme
8 medium to large carrots, shredded
4 cups leftover cooked turkey, a mixture of dark and white meat
1 and 1/2 cups quick-cooking wild rice blend*
1 and 1/2 cups cream
juice from 1 large lemon (1/4 cup), or to taste
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
more fresh herbs, to garnish
- In a very large stock pot, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat.
- Chop 3 cups celery. I used almost a whole medium head of celery, including the leaves at the end. (They add great flavor!) Instead of pulling off individual stalks, just start chopping the whole head from the leafed end. See photos.
- Chop 2 large onions. Add celery and onions to the pot with the melted butter.
- Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning.
- Saute for 13-14 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent.
- Add 4 cloves of minced garlic and stir for about 1 minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Visit Creamy Turkey Wild Rice Soup Recipe @ thefoodcharlatan.com for full instructions.