Servings : 8 cups
1/2 lb. Italian Sausage or chicken sausage
1 tsp Olive Oil optional
1/2 Red Onion diced
3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
2 stalks Celery diced
1/2 cup uncooked Orzo Pasta use 1 cup for a thicker soup
6 cups Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
1 15-oz can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes keep juice
1 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Kosher Salt
Black Pepper to taste
- Select “Sauté” on the Instant Pot. When the display reads “Hot”, add sausage and cook through, stirring as needed. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Use the sausage fat OR drain it and add a little oil to the Instant Pot…your choice.
- Continue in “saute” mode; add ONION, CELERY, and GARLIC to the Instant Pot and saute until tender, stirring as needed (about 3 minutes).
- Add DRY ORZO, CHICKEN BROTH, DICED TOMATOES with their juice, ITALIAN SEASONING; SALT, PEPPER, and BROWNED SAUSAGE.
- Press the “Cancel” function on the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and turn the pressure release valve to the “Sealing” position.
- Visit Italian Sausage Soup Recipe @ thekitchengirl.com for full instructions.