Servings : 2
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips
Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
3 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
1½ tbsp butter
½ cup onion, chopped ~ small dice
1 large plum tomato, seeded, chopped ~ small dice
1 cup chicken stock or broth, preferably homemade ~ if using canned, use low sodium
¼ cup sour cream
- Place chicken in small bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to combine well.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer chicken to plate and set aside.
- Add remaining ½ tbsp butter to same skillet and sauté onion until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons sweet paprika and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (can use 3 teaspoons sweet paprika, omitting smoked), stir for 10 seconds to combine.
- Visit Chicken Paprikash Recipe @ thehungrybluebird.com for full instructions.