Servings : 4
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Salt/Pepper to taste
½ cup olive oil
½ cup smoked shredded cheese, provolone or gouda
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup Plain breadcrumbs, Can sub panko
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and roughly chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3/4 cup sour cream
1 yellow onion, sliced into strings
4 cups Dry Marsala Wine
8 oz. heavy cream
12 oz. button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Combine all stuffing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken by slicing the side of the thickest part of each chicken breast to create 2 lobes.
- Lay the chicken down, covering the top with wax paper. Pound it gently until it’s thinned to 1/4 – 1/2 inches thick.
- Fill each of the chicken breasts with the stuffing, try not to over-stuff, you may have some leftover stuffing. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and then the flour.
- Visit Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala Recipe @ thecozycook.com for full instructions.