Servings : 4 – 6
2 pounds chicken tenderloins OR skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup CANNED pineapple juice
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 for less tangy)
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1-2 teaspoons Asian chili paste (like Sambal Oelek)
1 tsp EACH salt, garlic pwdr, ginger pwdr
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
chopped green onions
additional Asian chili sauce to taste
- Whisk the Marinade/Glaze ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add 1/3 cup to a large freezer bag and whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the chicken and marinate 2-4 hours in the refrigerator. Refrigerate the remaining marinade (will become your Glaze) separately.
- When ready to cook, let the chicken sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- GRILL DIRECTIONS: Meanwhile, grease and preheat grill to medium heat, 375 to 450°F. Drain chicken from the marinade and pat dry.
- Grill the chicken undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F when chicken is done.)
- Visit Pineapple Chicken Recipe @ carlsbadcravings.com for full instructions.