White Bean Chicken Soup – A healthy comforting soup recipe filled with chicken, Great Northern beans, green chiles, and tons of flavor! It’s a great recipe for dinner and for make-ahead lunches for the week! Plus, it’s low-carb and only 2 freestyle points !
Servings : 5-6
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 3/4 tsp creole seasoning, divided
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
32 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
2 15 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed*
3 boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
juice of 1/2 lime
Optional for serving: tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream
*You can add 3 cans of beans instead of 2 for a little thicker soup.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion. Season with 3/4 tsp creole seasoning. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and green chiles and cook another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth and beans. Bring to a boil.
- Season chicken with 1 tsp creole seasoning and add it to pot. Once soup comes back to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 30 minutes covered.
- Visit White Bean Chicken Soup Recipe @ www.diaryofarecipecollector.com for full instructions.