Yields : 12
For the cake:
1 1/3 cups brewed coffee
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons Kosher salt (reduce to 1 teaspoon if using table salt)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour, sifted
For the glaze:
6 oz. unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1/4 cup brewed coffee, cooled
1/4 cup half and half or cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 in round bundt pan. Set aside.
- For the cake: Place cocoa powder and coffee in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine sugar, salt, baking soda, eggs, and yolk. Beat on low speed for about 1 minute. Add buttermilk, oil, and vanilla and beat for another minute or so.
- Add flour to sugar mixture and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the cooled cocoa/coffee mixture and beat on low speed for another minute.
- Visit Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe @ neighborfoodblog.com for full instructions.