Servings : 6
300g / 10 oz ziti pasta, uncooked, or other short pasta of choice
1.5 cups (150g) mozzarella cheese , shredded (or more!)
1 lb / 500 g ricotta (Note 1)
1/2 cup (50g) parmesan cheese , grated
2 garlic cloves , crushed
350g / 12oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess liquid pressed out
1 cup (100g) grated Mozzarella cheese
3/4 tsp salt & pepper
SHORTCUT PASTA SAUCE
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves , minced
24 oz / 700g tomato passata (1 standard bottle) (Note 2)
1 tsp EACH onion and garlic powder
2 tsp dried Italian Mixed Herbs (Note 3)
1/2 tsp dried chili flakes , to taste (optional)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp water (if needed)
Parmesan cheese , grated
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Pasta Sauce: Pour out about 1/4 cup of the passata (to make room to add flavourings). Add the remaining Pasta Sauce ingredients into the bottle, screw the lid on and give it a shake.
- Cook pasta for time per packet MINUS 1 minute.
- SCOOP OUT 1 mugful pasta cooking water, drain and set aside.
- Visit Spinach Ricotta Pasta Bake Recipe @ www.recipetineats.com for full instructions.