Servings : 4
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 pounds
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon ginger grated
4 cloves garlic minced
1-2 teaspoons sriracha depending on how spicy you would like this
2 scallions sliced thin, divided (white parts for cooking, green for serving)
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstrach
sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sriracha and the white parts only of the scallions.
- Pour the sauce mixture ontop of the chicken and cook for 2-3 hours on low. (Cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken. My chicken breasts were pretty small and took 2 1/2 hours.)
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and place on a plate or cutting board. Allow the chicken to rest for a couple of minutes and then shred with two forks or slice it up with a knife.
- Visit Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe @ chefsavvy.com for full instructions.